Sign In
View of RCSJ's healthcare building

Course Registration Info

Add, Drop Audit or Withdrawal (ADAW) Information

​​​​​​​​To withdraw from a course, students must complete an official Enrollment Change form, which is available ​at the Enrollment Service One Stop in Student Services or online on the Student Records Page.​

Cumberland Refund Policy Info ​Winter/Spring 2023​​​​

Frequently Asked Questions 

What is the difference between drop and withdrawal?
To avoid owing a bill, students must drop classes before the semester begins. If a class is dropped during a partial refund period, the student will owe only a portion of the bill. A dropped class does NOT appear on the student’s transcript.

A withdrawal occurs after the refund period. Students are financially responsible for withdrawn classes. A withdrawal appears on the student’s transcript as a “W” grade. 

What is an audit?
An audit allows the student to continue in the class, but he or she is subject to certain conditions specified by the instructor. ​The student will receive a grade of "R" at Gloucester and "AU" at Cumberland which appears on the student transcript. Audited courses are not eligible for financial aid. 

​Audit has been moved to earlier in the term following the last day to drop; student pays all tuition and fees for audited course and financial aid is not available for audited class; student must see academic advisor to execute an audit or withdrawal.

What do I need to do if I want to drop a class?

To drop a class online, please follow these instructions:​

  • Log in to Self Service
  • In the Student Planning Menu, go to Plan & Schedule.
  • Click the Drop Box on the course(s) you wish to drop.

Not all students are eligible to drop/add courses online. Students who are not must pick up an Enrollment Change Form at the Enrollment One Stop Office in the Student & Enrollment Services Building. The student should fill out the form, see an advisor if needed, and submit to the One Stop for processing. 

What do I need to do if I want to withdraw from a class?
All withdrawals must be completed in person at the Enrollment One Stop Office. Students receiving aid or are part of a cohort program should speak with their advisor before withdrawing to see how it could impact their academic and financial status at the college or in a program. After speaking with the proper officials and the student still wishes to withdrawal from the course, an Enrollment Change Form must be filled out and submitted to the One Stop for processing. Total withdrawals must be signed by an advisor for processing.

What is a partial withdrawal?
A partial withdrawal occurs when a student withdraws from some but not all classes for the semester.

What is a total withdrawal?
A total withdrawal occurs when a student withdraws from all classes for the semester.

Does a withdrawal appear on my transcript? 
Yes. Withdrawing from a course may also have further implications on employment if employers see too many. Likewise, withdrawing from a course that is part of your major as opposed to an elective course may play a factor into some future considerations for employers. Consult with your advisor to help understand what impact a withdrawal might have for you.​​

Does a drop appear on my transcript?

If I drop a class will it affect my financial aid?
Yes, a dropped class may affect financial aid. Consult with your advisor and with financial aid about the implications of a drop.

If I withdraw from a class will it affect my financial aid?​
Federal financial aid recipients are subject to a reduction of their financial aid if t​hey completely withdraw or stop attending classes within the 60-percent period of any given semester. Aid recipients are responsible for costs related to tuition, fees, and books if their financial aid is revised or canceled. For additional information, students should visit the Financial Aid Withdrawals page.

What are the refund rules for full term and accelerated terms?​
Pay attention to the length of the course as specific refund rules apply to the course based on the length of the term as follows:

Full-term (15 week) courses:

  • DAY BEFORE the Full Term you can DROP the class and receive a 100% credit
  • Last day to ADD is the 5th day of the semester
  • Last day to DROP is the 10th day of the semester for a 50% refund
  • Last Day to Audit: is the day after the last day to drop, typically 11th day of full term
  • Last Day to Withdraw: 2/3rd through the semester (typically 10th week)
Accelerated terms (4 to 13 week courses):

  • DAY BEFORE the Full Term (before 11:59 pm EST) you can DROP the class and receive a 100% credit
  • Last day to ADD in a class is the 3rd day of the term
  • Last day to DROP is the 7th calendar day for a 50% refund
  • Last Day to AUDIT is the day after the last day to drop
  • Last Day to Withdraw: 2/3 through the term
​How do I adjust my schedule without incurring additional charges during the “Add/Drop” period?​​
Once the 100% refund period is complete, all even swaps (dropping and adding equivalent credits) must be completed during the same transaction​ to avoid a bill beyond late registration fees, if applicable. The first 5 days of a full-term course, and the first three days of an accelerated term course are considered the “add/drop” period.​​