HESI – Admissions Assessment w/Critical Thinking (A2) Exam for RADIOGRAPHY 2022-2023
Testing is open to students who are applying to the RCSJ Radiography Program.
The HESI Admissions Assessment w/Critical Thinking (A2) exam is used for entrance into the Radiography Program at RCSJ – Cumberland. In addition to knowledge gained from taking courses at RCSJ, a prospective student may prepare by reviewing resources at:
https://evolve.elsevier.com/cs/product/9780323582261?role=student. The RCSJ - Cumberland HESI Radiography exam includes the following subtests: Math, Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary, Biology, Chemistry, and Critical Thinking.
The following processes are required to register for the exam prior to the test date:
- Register/login as a student on Evolve at
http://evolve.elsevier.com – click
I'm a student; Click
Login (upper right corner); click
Create an Account; fill in required fields OR Login with your existing Evolve username/password; Click
- Register for HESI: Click
My Evolve tab (upper left corner) and in center of page, click
- *If you never created an Evolve account, you must call this number 1-800-222-9570 and say “I need to pay and would like assistance in creating a Student Access link.
Payments tab at the top. Make testing payment of $54.00 (*date not chosen at this time) by credit/debit card (Accepted: VISA, MasterCard, American Express & Discover). If testing for the first time Type in Payment ID# 23674 for Version 1 OR if testing for the second time Type in Payment ID# 23675 for Version 2; Click
Search; Complete billing info; Click
Proceed to Checkout; email receipt to
[email protected] as proof of HESI registration payment, with the 2nd receipt as explained here below:
- IN ADDITION: Before making an appointment, you will also need to pay $30.00 to the Cumberland Campus One Stop. You may pay in person at the One Stop window, across from the bookstore, OR RCSJ-Cumberland students: You can also email [email protected] & copy
[email protected] to request to have the fee billed to your student account. Non RCSJ-Cumberland students will need to come in person to the One Stop, where cash, checks or credit cards can be submitted, OR Non RCSJ-Cumberland students also have the option to submit an application to Admissions, and then request to be charged in your student account. Once paid, all examinees need to bring in person, or email the $30.00 receipt, in addition to the $54.00 receipt, to
[email protected] to request your HESI exam appointment.
- IMPORTANT - Registration must be completed by presenting
BOTH receipts to the Cumberland Testing Center, via email or in person. You may then request an appointment for a date listed below.
For assistance with this procedure, please call HESI Client Services at 1-800-222-9570.
~To reschedule, you will need to pay a $15 fee to the One Stop and present the receipt to the Testing Center.
Students need to pay both fees to retest (one time) and a 60-day interval between test dates is required.
- Testing is administered in the Testing Center in the Catherine J. Arpino Education and Humanities Center.
- No food/beverages or electronic devices (cell phones, smart watches, etc.) are permitted in the test room.
- Calculators are provided within the exam software; students may not bring their own.
- Students are allowed 5 hours to complete the exam; please be aware that seating is limited.
- One valid, government-issued photo ID is required.
2022-2023 Examination Dates – Start time is 9AM
- Tuesday, Nov. 1, 2022
- Tuesday, Dec. 20, 2022
- Tuesday, Jan. 24, 2023
- Tuesday, Feb. 7, 2023
- Tuesday, Feb. 21, 2023
- Tuesday, Feb. 28, 2023
*Please note: In the event of severe weather/an emergency, a message will be placed on the voicemail system at
(856.691.8600) and also at
www.rcsj.edu. The voicemail system, RCSJ homepage, Facebook, and Emergency Notification System are used for all official College weather-related and emergency closing announcements. Students will need to email
[email protected] to inquire about make-up dates.