To develop a diverse network of capable leaders,
knowledgeable about community challenges and committed to creative solutions
Program Topics: A group retreat and orientation session initiates the program
year. The retreat is held in the fall. Six monthly sessions, referred to as
Community Learning Days, are held on the first Monday of every month, November
through May. The typical day runs from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm. Sessions are held at
locations throughout the county so participants may receive firsthand knowledge
of local points of interest. Community Learning Day topics are designed to
educate and inform participant of the vast resources available to them, and
therefore cover an array of topics prevalent to the successes and challenges we
face in Cumberland County.
LCC class participants commit to the following upon acceptance into the program:
- Attend the entire program retreat/orientation session
- Attend all Community Learning Day sessions with the understanding that, under extenuating circumstances, excused absences will be necessary
- Maintain the confidentiality of classmates and presenters in the sharing of personal and professional material and opinions
- Uphold the adopted Conduct Policy
- Have full tuition payments in by September 30th.
The class application deadline is August 18, 2023.