Sign In
Transfer Students

Transfer at Cumberland

Transfer Students

​​What is a Transfer Student?


Students who attended other institutions of higher education before Rowan College of South Jersey are considered transfer students. Transfer students must follow the admissions steps outlined below.

Steps to Transfer to RCSJ-Cumberland


​Apply and Submit Official Documents

Form to submit 
  1. Complete the free online application at or in-person

  2. Request that all official transcripts (from any college attended; high school, as well if applying for Financial Aid) be sent to: [email protected] or Office of Admissions, 3322 College Dr, Vineland, NJ 08360

    International transcripts require a course-by-course report from a NACES approved organization. Please read the FAQs on this page for more information.
  3. Complete the Transfer of College Credit Request 
    • Send your official college transcripts to [email protected] (make sure you've also had your official transcripts sent to the Office of Admissions). During the process, your transcripts will be evaluated and applicable credits will be added to your RCSJ transcript about 14 business days after evaluation.​

      Get Credit for What You Know!

      Do you have prior experience in your field? Maybe you have certifications or non-credit credentials? Use our Prior Learning Assessments to show us what you know!

      Learn More About Prior Learning

      Questions about credit transfers?
      Contact Brittany Cresci, Advisement Assistant, or call (856) 200-4697

Satisfy Testing Requirements

Test with a pencil 
  • Accuplacer placement testing of new students provides a current assessment of your basic skills. Your test results will determine your course placement for English and Math courses which are required as prerequisites for many courses. Transfer students may be exempt from this testing requirement.

    For exemption criteria, please visit the Testing Center's Exemption Criteria page.

Apply for Financial Aid

Bag of Money 
  1. Complete the free financial aid application at
    Use School Code: 006901

  2. Complete the NJ State Aid Application at

  3. Apply for Scholarships at

  4. For more information, visit

Register with Your Advisor

  • Academic advisors are available to assist with course registration planning. Visit to learn more.

Pay Your Bill

Two Credit Cards 

​​​​​​​Find Your Fresh Start at RCSJ

Looking to hit the reset button on your education experience? Attend an online session to find out how you can Find Your Fresh Start with Rowan College of South Jersey! View dates available and RSVP.

​ ​

Contact Us

Fill out my online form.

Transfer Resources

Course Registration

Paying for College


Q: Can I get credits for Advanced Placement courses?

A: To learn more about AP test course equivalencies please visit our AP Course Equivalencies page.

Q: How do I request official transcripts from my previous college(s)?

A: Most colleges offer the ability to request your official transcripts online. Please visit your college’s website to follow their transcript request process. Please ensure that your transcript is sent to Rowan College of South Jersey, Gloucester Campus(Some colleges may still have RCSJ listed as Gloucester County College). RCSJ’s school code is: 006901. Please have all transcripts sent to: [email protected] or Admissions Office, RCSJ, 1400 Tanyard Rd, Sewell, NJ 08080.

Do not send your transcripts to Rowan University or Rowan College at Burlington County by mistake.

Q:  Will my credits be accepted at RCSJ? Are there any time limits?

A: Most college-level courses from a regionally accredited institution that apply to your degree program at RCSJ, with a grade of “C” or higher will be accepted. Science courses that are older than 5 years may not be used to satisfy the requirements for some Health Science selective admissions programs. Other older courses will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis for eligibility at the discretion of the Transfer Advisor and the Dean of the program.

Q:  Why didn’t all my credits transfer?

A: Only credits that apply to your major at RCSJ will be transferred. Courses with grades below a “C” will not transfer. Credit hours for courses taken must also match the credit hours of the applicable course at RCSJ. It is advised that you meet with your Academic Advisor to review how any transferred credits may be used towards your degree requirements.

Q: I earned credits at a business/trade school or institution that was not regionally accredited. Will those credits transfer?

A: We are not able to accept course credits from certificate granting institutions such as business, technical or vocational institutions, unless the institution and course have been evaluated by the American Council on Education (ACE) and have received an ACE course number. Please visit to see if your institution and specific course have received this credit approval.
  • Certificates earned through RCSJ Workforce Development may be eligible for credit transfer. Please visit the Prior Learning Assessment website or see the Transfer Credit Advisor for specific details.
  • Health Science majors at RCSJ may be eligible to receive block credits for a valid health License or Certificate towards their degree.
  • Technical Studies majors may also be eligible to receive block credits for a prior Apprenticeship, corporate, industrial or military training with proof of completion, hours of program and ACE review. Please review with your academic advisor or the Transfer Advisor for eligible programs and requirements.

Q: Am I able to receive credit for prior learning experiences?

A: More information can be found on the Prior Learning website.

Q: How many credits can I transfer to RCSJ?

A: Up to 36 credits may be transferred to RSCJ. You must complete 24 credits at RSCJ to earn your Associate’s degree.

Q: Does my grade point average (GPA) transfer?

A: No. You start with a new GPA of 0.0 at RCSJ.

Q: How will I know which credits have transferred?

A: Students will receive an email from [email protected] showing the credits approved for transfer. Please allow at least 2 weeks to receive your transfer credit evaluation results. If you have any questions regarding your evaluation or would like to appeal the evaluation, please contact the Transfer Evaluator listed on the evaluation form.

Q: I’m transferring from a college on the quarter system. Will I be able to transfer any credits?

A: Yes. However, quarter credits are only worth 2/3 of a typical RCSJ course. For example, a 3.0 credit quarter hour class equates to 2.0 semester hour credits at RCSJ. Additional quarter credit hours can be combined, if available, to satisfy the credit difference.

Q: I am a military veteran. Will I receive any transfer credit for my experience?

A: Yes. An official DD-214 form for discharged veterans will be granted 1 credit for the HPE 113 (Physical Fitness Activities) course. Official Joint Services or College of the Air Force transcripts may also be submitted with a Transfer of College Credit Request form to our Admissions office for evaluation. Credits will be awarded for courses applicable to your intended major.
For more information, visit our Veterans site.

Q: If I’m currently enrolled at another school and just want to take a few courses at RCSJ to transfer back to my school, how do I apply and register so I can take some classes?

A: You would apply online as a Visiting student at There is a 2-step application and registration process that must be completed in order to register for classes. Visiting students are limited to 16 total credits at RCSJ and are not eligible for financial aid.

Q: Can I receive credit for standardized testing, such as CLEP or DSST?

A: Yes, we offer both tests in our Testing Center, and will allow test scores to be evaluated for transfer credit. For more information and to view the credit equivalencies please visit our Testing for Credit page.

Q: How do I receive transfer credit for completing the Gloucester County Police & Fire Academies?

A: Complete the Transfer of College Credits Request Form and submit with a copy of your Academy completion certificate to our admissions office to have an evaluation completed. Credits are only applicable to Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement degrees at RCSJ.

Q: How do I transfer international credits?

A: Individuals who have completed college-level coursework outside of the U.S. must submit a course-by-course evaluation of their transcript. All transcripts must be translated into English and evaluated by a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluating Services (NACES) such as:

Please visit our International Admissions site and review the Application Process for more information.

​​Last Updated: Aug. 24, 2023

Find Your Fit at RCSJ

Whether you are pursuing career training, looking to earn an associate degree, or planning to transfer to a four-year university, your path to success starts here. With seven divisions and more than 100 degree and certificate programs, RCSJ offers the right combination of academic knowledge and hands-on experience to fit your goals.

View Flex Start Classes