In-person learning is back this September! That means students can now choose from four academic delivery styles — on-campus, hybrid, live online and traditional online — for more options and opportunities than ever before to customize their college experience to suit individual learning styles, scheduling requirements and safety concerns.
What has not changed is RCSJ’s commitment to its priorities — safety, value and affordability. Ranked the best community college in New Jersey and one of the top online community colleges in the state, no matter which academic delivery method your child selects, RCSJ is confident it can provide everything they need to keep making progress towards their educational and career goals — all at one of the lowest tuition rates in the state.
Thinking about a Gap Year?
Is your child thinking about taking a break after high school to consider what kind of education and career to pursue? At RCSJ, career exploration does not have to mean hitting the pause button on education. The College offers a wealth of resources to help your student investigate options and refine professional goals — while earning transferrable college credits and maintaining academic momentum.
- Explore Careers: Take a course to see if it fits, meet with a Career Services advisor to investigate innovative and in-demand programs
- Paid Internships: Work in the field to determine what a major is like in the real world
- Volunteer Service: Mentor youngsters, assist senior citizens, tutor peers, provide community outreach and fundraise for area charities through the Volunteer Center, Center for People in Transition, the College Foundation and RCSJ student clubs to give back to the community
- Find Value: Examine life goals, discover strengths and skills, meet new friends and help build a better world
Academic Choices and Career Solutions
During this time of unpredictable circumstances, RCSJ is the perfect place for your child to begin their college journey.
- Enroll in general education courses or major-specific programs and earn college credits at a significantly reduced cost, then transfer those credits to a four-year university of your child's choice
- Earn a bachelor's degree (in specific majors) from Rowan University for less than $30,000 through the Rowan 3+1 program
- Participate in one of RCSJ's two-year programs and your college graduate enters the workforce with little to no debt
Encourage your college student to visit RCSJ.edu/Enroll and register today to be one step closer to fulfilling their dream.
RCSJ is Here for You
RCSJ has put measures in place to help lessen the financial and academic anxiety brought about by the pandemic:
- Placement testing is optional (excluding special admissions)
- In-person and virtual appointment for campus services, including advising, registration and financial aid support
- Virtual and in-person appointments for campus services
- In-person, Live Online and Online options now available
- Competitively priced laptops and other technology for purchase independently or through financial aid book vouchers at the campus bookstores
Student Technology Emergency Assistance program available to help cover the cost of critical purchases such as laptops, mobile hotspots and webcams, for students with financial limitations
- Free online tutoring and wellness services
- New Jersey’s Community College Opportunity Grant provides “free tuition” for those who qualify.
As a parent, you want the best for your child. RCSJ does too.
RCSJ’s COVID-19 safety procedures are constantly evolving according to guidance from the CDC and the N.J. Department of Health, to keep your college student safe, happy and learning. For more in-depth information on COVID-19 safety procedures visit RCSJ.edu/coronavirus.
- Enhanced cleaning procedures instituted in high-traffic areas
- Updated UV air purifiers installed in HVAC systems
- Hand purifier pumps located throughout campus
- Daily health screenings to efficiently enact contact tracing
- Regular communication of handwashing and general hygiene practices
- Campus Medical Director to guide decisions effecting student health
- Masks are required in indoor areas regardless of vaccination status
Campus Medical Director
Susan Hall, Ed.D, MSN, RN, Dean of Nursing & Health Professions
Dr. Hall’s medical experience – both in the hospital and in the classroom – continues to be a valuable advantage to the college community, particularly during the COVID-19 pandemic. Working directly with the President’s Office, and as a liaison with county and state health officials, Dr. Hall provides insight and guidance to ensure the safety and wellness of RCSJ students, faculty members and staff.
As it has from the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, the College continues to follow recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and the New Jersey Department of Health. RCSJ knows that the peace of mind a safe learning environment provides is key to student success and is dedicated to fostering that environment across its campuses.
Exceptional Value Meets Innovation
Affordable, accessible and innovative, RCSJ offers unique partnership options with Rowan University, area high schools and local businesses to create quality, industry-informed programs available at one of the lowest tuition rates in the state.