The Excercise Science program provides students with a solid foundation of learning experiences, enabling them to transfer to four-year universities to pursue careers in health/medical promotion and fitness management.
Program graduates will demonstrate the ability and skill to:
- Analyze and explain how and why the human body responds to various types of physical activities
- Develop exercise/fitness programs for individuals or groups with diverse health backgrounds
- Analyze, evaluate and provide basic care in emergency situations
- Identify general nutritional needs of individuals as well as how nutrition impacts exercise and athletic performance
- Instruct others in the use of a variety of exercise equipment
Students can download the Program Guide listed above to view a semester-by-semester breakdown of the required classes and electives for this program.
The RCSJ Catalog provides class descriptions.
The Course Registration Info site shows important information for each semester such as deadlines, dates, and guides.
For a complete list of when important College dates occur, students can view and download the Academic Calendar.